Feel like planning your own funeral is a morbid thing to do?
Think you are not going to die yet so you will worry about it later?
Or do you think that because you won’t be there it is of no concern to you, someone else can organise it?
Unfortunately, we do not have a crystal ball to predict exactly when we are going to die and if we have not expressed our funeral wishes others are burdened with the financial and emotional decision-making process. Most people are not emotionally or financially prepared and are in a vulnerable state when facing the reality of making these decisions on your behalf. They are also unaware of what products and services are available so end up with limited choices and therefore spending more money and not necessarily getting what they would like.
During this 4 hour workshop we’ll talk through the Funeral Service as I break it down for you and help you get started with the planning process. I present all the options and choices available including Eco-friendly which is becoming increasingly popular.
This is what we will cover during our time together;
- I will support and guide you to reflect on your values and personal preferences and help you understand what’s important to you when it comes to your funeral.
- I will explain what happens from the time of death until the Funeral Service as I demystify the mortuary process.
- I will explain the Legal requirements following someone’s death and dispel many of the common misconceptions
- We will discuss what you need to consider before employing a Funeral Director and important questions to ask so you are armed with what you need to find the right people to work with.
- We will also explore the costs involved so you can forward plan and not be burdened with a funeral debt and I’ll share tips on how to reduce costs so your money stays in your pocket and not the Funeral Directors.
- We will discuss the difference between Funeral Bonds, Funeral trusts and Prepaid Funeral Plans. Do you really need them?
- I’ll explain what Eco-friendly options are available and how to leave less of a carbon footprint.
- We’ll also talk about ways to be creative and personalise a Funeral service to reflect the life of the person and to celebrate it so, you can create a meaningful experience during what can be a very emotional time.
- Lastly, I’ll share, from my experience in the industry, how to create a Funeral Directive and the benefits of having one.
You will leave feeling confident and able to implement all that you have learned.
DATE: Saturday 1st September 2018
VENUE: Coessence Wembley
Registration and payment to be complete
There is a sliding scale of payment for this workshop.
$120 income earner
$70 low-income earner
Emails with event information and directions will be sent to you.
Any enquiries please contact Nicolette email@example.com
“Many thanks for an interesting and compassionate talk, emphasising the importance of Funeral Planning. It opened many options that we hadn’t considered. There was an amazingly friendly and peaceful atmosphere that engendered questions and answers.” – Pat and John Darby.